For over 45 years, your support has catapulted the American Cetacean Society to the forefront of the most pressing conservation and welfare issues facing whales, dolphins, and porpoises.
You make ACS’s success possible!
ACS campaigns, education programs, and research support happen because of YOU! Your tax-deductible financial contribution to the American Cetacean Society ensures the continuation of vital education programs, support of critically important cetacean research, and the success of national and international campaigns directed at ending commercial whaling, wild capture, and small cetacean drive hunts, among others.
Give and Get Involved! Getting involved with the American Cetacean Society leads to many exciting possibilities. There are a number of ways that you can support and be involved with ACS.
Donate. You have the power to make a difference in the lives of whales, dolphins, and porpoises everywhere! All you have to do is make a tax-deductible financial contribution. Every donation helps – regardless of the amount – and is greatly appreciated. When cetaceans need the skills and expertise of some of the most qualified experts in the world, your contributions can help bring critically-needed resources to bear on the issues that threaten their safety and welfare.
Volunteer. You can make a difference every day. There are so many ways to help ACS protect the whales, dolphins, and porpoises you care about! You can help with outreach and creating awareness by distributing ACS materials, such as our Spyhopper newsletter, education brochures and fact sheets. Or consider hosting an “ACS Party” at your home or local restaurant – we will help you plan your event and provide materials. You can also sponsor a benefit; attend a local public protest event; even represent ACS at a local event by ‘manning’ a table or serving as a presenter in our Speakers Bureau. There are as many ways to help protect cetaceans as there are people, and we’d enjoy hearing your ideas about how you can make a difference in the lives of cetaceans everywhere. Contact us today!
Become a member. Members of the American Cetacean Society are our finest ambassadors, and make us the most highly-regarded whale protection organization in the U.S. The information we provide gives you the tools to help ACS educate the lay community about cetaceans and the challenges they face today. In addition to knowing that your membership dues goes toward protecting cetaceans, you’ll receive other benefits!
- The Latest Information and Alerts: ACS gives you a ready resource for cetacean information and current issues.
- Opportunities to Connect: Meet others in your area who care about whales, dolphins, and porpoises through monthly meetings of ACS local chapters. You’ll always learn something new and exciting, and you’ll meet a lot of enthusiastic cetacean-loving locals in your area. To find a chapter near you, visit our Chapters page.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Actively involve yourself and your friends in ACS activities and committees by volunteering your time, resources, or facility space.
- Member Discounts: As an ACS member, you will enjoy discounts on whale watching trips, whale festivals, merchandise, event registration, and more!
- Whalewatcher: The Whalewatcher is ACS’s biannual journal featuring articles by the world’s most preeminent researchers, conservationists, and policy makers in the field of marine mammalogy, written for the general public. This unique, robust, all-color publication is an exclusive benefit of membership and is highly-treasured by ACS members.